My PaintBrush



I'm so afraid
to show you me,
Afraid of what you'll do
You might laugh
or say mean things.
I'm so afraid
I could lose you too.

I'd like to remove
all my coats of paint
To show you
the real, true me,
But I want you to try
and understand,
I need you to accept
what you see.

So if you'll be patient
and close your eyes,
I'll strip off
my coats real slow.
Please understand
how much it hurts
To let
the real me show.

Now my coats
are all stripped off.
I feel naked,
..bare and cold,
But if you still love me
with all that you see,
You are my friend,
..as pure as gold.

I need to save
my paint brush, though,
And hold it in my hand,
I want to keep it handy
In case
someone doesn't understand.

So please protect me,
my dear, sweet friend
And thanks for loving me true,
But please let me keep
my paint brush with me
Until I love me, too.


Written by
"David, Wizard of Oz"
and used with permission



Thanks For Visiting


Copyright © 2003 - LazsRealm
LazsRealm
LazsRealm

DISCLAIMER - The information that is posted on this blog is for general enjoyment and information only. This blog contains links to other websites which you may choose to visit if you so desire. The content of these sites are evaluated before the links are included on this blog but not always guaranteed to be family-friendly as time goes on.

-