Try Something New


There is something very strange within my family, I thought it was my imagination but now it's not, I see.... Today I found something out I'm not sure what to think, Please tell me that it isn't so or I might start to drink!

At first I saw Granny going to the local skateboard ramp When I got closer to take a look she was hanging with "the gang"! Doing God knows what to herself but I dare not stop to see Or else she might strut her stuff right there in front of me!

There she was a-cackling away she seemed to go, Flying high through the sky just like a "twinkle toes".... And everyone was loving her my regular groovy gran, I only wish she tried something else of which she'd get the hang!

But this new wave of stupidity seems to be going round For then the next thing that I knew my aunt flew into town.... All dressed up from head to toe in bright racey clothes, Mutton simply done up as lamb but she didn't seem to know.

Apparently she flew around the world looking for a man Instead she came back from a cruise with some kind of tan.... That looked more like a rubber mask that seemed to lift her face But still she was dolled up to the nines with her own kind of grace.

And then there is my mother oh God bless her soul, I wonder will she ever learn she no longer can rock and roll? And if that isn't bad enough you know what she did tonight? Gone and enrolled herself in a class to learn to king-fu fight!!

Oh my, what is the world coming to for alas my family Somehow somewhere a long the line no longer belongs to me.... Mum dressed in her garb of pure white with a beginner's belt Doing kicks this way and that until on her bum she fell!

So with granny in the loony bin via the skateboard ramp, And aunty chasing younger men all across the land.... Mother doing martial arts, does she think that she's Bruce Lee? Oh my gosh, these women must have some kind of PMT!!

I really don't know what to do it has become a mess Everything has got me bothered now I really must confess.... I thought that they were crazy but now I can't seem to think, These women send me round the bend they're turning me to drink!!

But the strangest thing of all has got me hopping mad When all along these happenings seemed to be some kind of fad.... Really they should act their age but what do they go and do? Tell me this is their second wind and they're trying something new!!

© Christina
20th June, 2004


Thanks For Visiting
Copyright © 2015 - IcqGreetings4U
LazsRealm
LazsRealm

DISCLAIMER - The information that is posted on this blog is for general enjoyment and information only. This blog contains links to other websites which you may choose to visit if you so desire. The content of these sites are evaluated before the links are included on this blog but not always guaranteed to be family-friendly as time goes on.

-