Little Monster


Enveloped in a costume
that still can't seem to hide
The irascible little darling,
a monster deep inside....
Dressed as but a minion
his brightly colour garb
So apt for the occasion
is more that just a lark.

Loveable in many ways
but somehow overnight
My precious little darling
now takes great delight....
In testing all the boundaries
that I had set in place
To guide him on a better way,
but has it been a waste?

Now I just stand and look upon
this child I have raised
Testing more and more it seems
my patience every day....
A face of pure innocence
is merely just a mask
For what lies behind the eyes
and depths within his heart.

Such a gorgeous little child
has turned out to be
An irascible little monster
wreaking havoc around me!
And as I tear my hair out
wondering what to do
His smile then melts my heart as he
runs rings around me too.

Trick or treat I guess it was,
the joke had been on me
Thinking just how easy came
the responsibilities....
Being a parent has its moments
but oh how much joy
Would befall upon me in the form
of my precious little boy!

Instead my little darling
a monster he's become
While all the tireless efforts
of my parenting is undone....
Friends say this is normal
for a child to rebel,
But still he keeps on adding years
while he gives me hell!

Ah, but you gotta love him,
at least I tell myself
For there can still be good times
given to me in wealth....
And when I look back on these days
I guess I'll surely laugh
To see the little monster
who still somehow won my heart!

© Christina
12th October, 2004

Thanks For Visiting
Copyright © 2015 - IcqGreetings4U
LazsRealm
LazsRealm

DISCLAIMER - The information that is posted on this blog is for general enjoyment and information only. This blog contains links to other websites which you may choose to visit if you so desire. The content of these sites are evaluated before the links are included on this blog but not always guaranteed to be family-friendly as time goes on.

-