I Resign As An Adult



To Whom It May Concern!


I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult.
I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities
of a 8 year old again. 

I want to go to McDonald's
and think that it's a four star restaurant.
I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle
and make ripples with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms; are better than money, because you can eat them.
I want to play kickball during recess
and paint with watercolors in art.
I want to lie under a big Oak tree and run a lemonade stand
with my friends on a hot summers day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple.
When all you knew were colors,
addition tables and simple nursery rhymes.
But that didn't bother you,
because you didn't know what you didn't know
and you didn't care.

When all you knew was to be happy
because you didn't know all the things
that should make you worried and upset.
I want to think that the world is fair.
That everyone in it is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible.
When we thought the worst thing in the world
was if someone took your jump rope from you
or picked you last for kickball?

I want to be oblivious to the complexity of life
and be overly excited by little things once again.
I want to return to the days when
reading was fun and music was clean.

When television was used to report the news
or for family entertainment
I would walk on the beach and only think of
the sand between my toes and the prettiest seashell I could find.
I would spend my afternoon climbing trees and riding my bike.
I want to live simply again.

I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes,
mountains of paperwork, depressing news,
or how to survive more days in the month than there
is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip,
illness and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs,
a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination,
the advancement of mankind
and making angels in the snow.

So....here is my checkbook, 
my car-keys and my credit cards
I am officially resigning from adulthood.
And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have
to catch me first, cause.............
"Tag! You're it."

Thanks For Visiting
Copyright © 2015 - IcqGreetings4U
LazsRealm
LazsRealm

DISCLAIMER - The information that is posted on this blog is for general enjoyment and information only. This blog contains links to other websites which you may choose to visit if you so desire. The content of these sites are evaluated before the links are included on this blog but not always guaranteed to be family-friendly as time goes on.

-