Leftovers


'Twas the night after Thanksgiving,
but I just couldn't sleep
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned
The dark meat and white
But I fought the temptation
With all of my might.


Tossing and turning
With anticipation
The thought of a snack
Became infatuation.


So I raced to the kitchen
Flung open the door
And gazed at the fridge
Full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey,
And buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots,
Beans and tomatoes.


I felt myself swelling
so plump and so round
'Till all of a sudden
I rose off the ground.


I crashed through the ceiling
floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding
And a handful of pie.


But I managed to yell
As I soared past the trees
Happy eating to all
Pass the cranberries please!

Thanks For Visiting
Copyright © 2015 - IcqGreetings4U
LazsRealm
LazsRealm

DISCLAIMER - The information that is posted on this blog is for general enjoyment and information only. This blog contains links to other websites which you may choose to visit if you so desire. The content of these sites are evaluated before the links are included on this blog but not always guaranteed to be family-friendly as time goes on.

-