Losing My Marbles


Some say I've lost my marbles,  but you know it isn't true,  For they are right beside me,  nestled next to you! Colours in abundance,  such beauty in array,  Within your eyes I see the things,  I cannot seem to say.

Though people do keep asking me,  if I've become confused,  It's just the world is bigger now,  and we seem very few. But we know it doesn't matter,  for with you by my side,  Everything it still makes sense,  whatever they imply.

They may think age is a curse,  but we know one thing for sure,  That with it has brought a wisdom,  we couldn't want for more. And while they think we're "past it",  beyond our "use by" dates,  Old and of a vintage,  no longer adequate.

But I could still outrun them,  with all their fancy things,  Because values and morality,  in the end still win. So you see I have my marbles,  and all accounted for,  Just because I get confused,  and can't find the floor.

For I intend to keep them here,  with their colours in array,  Until the time has come for me,  to join you there one day. So in the age of senility,  they remain within my mind,  And I will make the most of them,  while I am still alive!

© Christina 4th September, 2004

Thanks For Visiting
Copyright © 2015 - IcqGreetings4U
LazsRealm
LazsRealm

DISCLAIMER - The information that is posted on this blog is for general enjoyment and information only. This blog contains links to other websites which you may choose to visit if you so desire. The content of these sites are evaluated before the links are included on this blog but not always guaranteed to be family-friendly as time goes on.

-