|
I was so proud of me
For I had learned to drive a car My husband wouldn't ride with me Or allow me to go very far But while he was at work I'd get out my extra key Sneak to where he parked And take that car with me While he worked all day I drove around the town Getting good experience With him no-where around You see, he'd get so nervous When he tried to teach me how So, I decided I could do much better If I done it by myself One day across the town I set out for a drive I had borrowed my sister's license We favored enough for disguise Then I walked to where he worked And drove away once more But...this time I got caught Not like it was before There I was, having so much fun Not aware of all the fear While he was nearly crazy Searching everywhere You see, they had asked if he Would run a little errand So he went to get his car, But stood there just a-staring! An empty place he found Where his Chevy once had been But where was it now Who'd pulled a trick on him? He made a call to home Where my sis answered the phone She told him I was gone Didn't know when I'd be home Unaware of all this I started back to park the car But, turned wrong down a one way street So did not get too far You see there was a policeman Waiting in the wings Just to catch someone Doing that very thing! He stopped me right real quick Asked me if I knew I was going the wrong way, lady There's a sign, you paid no attention to The next thing that he noted was the license was not mine So he gave me a ticket, It was a heavy fine I cried as I went on To put that car in place... But when I drove it in I saw my husband's face Oh my Lord, I cried Deliver me from this He was mad enough I could see To ruin our wedded bliss! When the storm had cleared I settled down a bit But...later I still took that car! I just could not stay home and sit When I got a license of my own My poor husband almost died While he worked, and worried I went out on joy rides ![]() Betty Hill © 2007
SpiritisUp I've Lost My Mind, Loony Boonies and Creative Xpressions
|
Thanks For Visiting
Copyright © 2015 - IcqGreetings4U
Copyright © 2015 - IcqGreetings4U




